Low Cost Spay/Neuter
At this time, we are no longer accepting applications for SNYP+ due to end of grant funding and completion of outstanding vouchers. Please check back in the future for updates about this program. Thank you!
Cats: $5 Dogs: $10
HOW TO APPLY:
• Bring all appropriate paperwork listed below to Opelika Animal Hospital, Animal Health Center, or Lee County Humane Society during regular business hours to apply.
• You must be the owner of the pet, be at least 19 years old, and provide proof in the following ways:
• Proof of Lee County Residency (examples: utility statement, bank statement, phone/cable bill)
• Driver’s License or Picture ID
• Medicaid Card (NOT Medicare) or proof of total household income of $30,000 or less per year (must provide copy of most recent W2 for everyone in the household, front page of income tax return, or SSI Disability Award letter)
• You must provide proof of rabies vaccination. If you cannot provide proof, you will be required to get it for $12 pet pet.
SNYP covers the cost of the surgery. Your pet may need additional services recommended by individual veterinarians. These services are not covered by the SNYP program. Payment is due at the time of services.
For questions call Animal Health Center (334-745-0060) or Opelika Animal Hospital (334-749-2025).
**Due to COVID-19, you can also email all required documents (listed above) to so you don't have to come to the shelter.**
If you don't qualify for SNYP...
Try the FIXIT WAGGIN' with Alabama Animal Alliance!
The Lee County Spay and Neuter Your Pets (SNYP) program helps members of our community who otherwise cannot afford to have their pets spayed or neutered. This program is financed by the Lee County Commission, Auburn City Council, Opelika City Council and Smiths Station City Council to help prevent pet overpopulation.